Buy Lipiodol Ultra Fluide 10ml Online
Lipiodol Ultra Fluide 10ml is an X-ray contrast medium for use in certain radiological investigations where it is desirable to outline a viscous or other structure with directly instilled radio-opaque material. On account of its low viscosity LIPIODOL is suitable for introduction into narrow channels and may therefore be used in ducts and sinuses.
LIPIODOL belongs to the class of iodinated contrast agents and contains the active substance ethyl esters of iodised fatty acids of poppy seed oil (iodine content: 48% i.e. 480 mg/mL). It does not contain any other ingredients.
It is used to enhance the contrast of the images obtained during radiological examinations. This contrast enhancement improves the visualisation and outline of certain body parts.
Like all medicines, LIPIODOL ULTRA FLUID can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Tell your doctor immediately if any of these allergic signs occur:
skin redness, rash, itching and/or swelling of the face, eyelids, lips, or throat which may cause you difficulties in breathing or swallowing. The other possible signs of an allergic reaction are: whistling breathing, sensation of stuffy nose, sneezing, cough, sensation of throat tightening, urticaria.
The allergic reaction can exceptionally be serious.
The other side effects you may experience are:
- high fever during the hours following the examination,
- digestive disorders such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea,
- signs of an overactive thyroid gland such as weight loss, accelerated heart rate and increased intestinal transit rate, anxiety and insomnia,
- signs of an underactive thyroid gland such as weight gain, slower heart rate, constipation and tiredness,
- blockages of certain blood vessels in lung, brain, liver and retina,
- formation of a spherical mass (granuloma) due to the accumulation of oil residue and cells.
Tell your doctor if you notice anything else that is making you feel unwell, even if you think the problems are not connected with this medicine and are not referred to in this leaflet.
Other side effects not listed above may also occur in some people.
Do not be alarmed by this list of possible side effects.